Coconut Burfi Recipe
- Ingredients 9 Count
- Nutrition 470 Calories
- Directions 35 Minutes
Coconut Burfi Ingredients:
Ghee 2 tsps.
Sugar 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Dessicated coconut 1 cup
Crushed cardamoms 6 nos.
Chopped cashewnuts ¼ cup
Coconut Burfi Method :
1. Grease a plate with the Ghee and set aside.
2. Heat the sugar and water on a low heat to make a thick syrup.
3. Remove any scum from the syrup. Add the finely grated coconut and crushed
cardamoms. Mix thoroughly.
4. Turn off the heat while the mixture is still a thick pouring consistency. Add the
chopped cashewnuts. Mix thoroughly.
5. Pour the coconut mixture onto the greased plate and quickly spread with a
6. After a few minutes, cut into diamond-shaped pieces with a sharp knife.
7. Store in an airtight container.
Note: Make sure the syrup is very thick before you add the coconut and
cardamom, otherwise the burfi will not set.